perfect pancakes

Advertisement


perfect pancakes

Happy Thursday! I'm excited to share one of my all-time favorite, never-fail, dinner-in-a-pinch recipes with you today. I'll be honest… pancakes have been a struggle for me in the past. I love diner or restaurant pancakes but whenever I tried to make them at home, they always turned out rubbery or gross. A few years ago Abby's preschool teacher gave me the recipe for these lovely pancakes, and I've been hooked on them ever since! They are incredibly light and fluffy, and have the perfect taste and texture. They taste as good as or better than any pancakes I've had at a restaurant. Best of all, they are super quick to make and I always have the ingredients for them on hand. We've had them for dinner several nights in the last month (yes, we eat brinner pretty frequently) and I've fallen in love with them all over again. I usually serve them with lots of fresh fruit and some turkey bacon on the side, and everybody's happy!

Perfect Pancakes

2 cups flour
5 tsp baking powder
4 T sugar
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
2 cups milk

Preheat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl, and whisk with a fork to combine. Mix eggs, oil, and milk together until well combined. Add to dry ingredients, and mix with a fork until mostly combined, with some small lumps of flour remaining. Lightly butter the preheated griddle and pour the batter by 1/4 cup scoops onto the griddle (I always use a measuring cup so they're all the same size). Cook 3-4 minutes or until there are bubbles throughout the top of the pancakes, and the edges of the pancakes look dry. Flip the pancakes and cook for another minute or until lightly browned on the bottom. Serve warm with butter and syrup or (my favorite!) with fresh strawberry sauce. Makes 20-24 pancakes.

perfect pancakes

Hungry for more from The Baker Upstairs?


Advertisement


No comments

Powered by Blogger.